• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bad customer

I special ordered some jerseys for a customer that took 2 weeks to receive. Now they are saying that they needed them sooner so they got some online. Other then send them back is their anything I can do about this customer. Since I have a signed proof and email order? Can I send invoice to DA?

CanuckSigns

I'm assuming that the customer told you when the due date was. If they did and you missed it, I say you are stuck with them.

What is more likely, after they placed the order with you, they found them for cheaper online and they didn't have the balls to let you know that they didn't want them anymore, so they made up a story about how you are too late.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I special ordered some jerseys for a customer that took 2 weeks to receive. Now they are saying that they needed them sooner so they got some online. Other then send them back is their anything I can do about this customer. Since I have a signed proof and email order? Can I send invoice to DA?

Typically, you should keep the deposit (which should be equal to, or greater than your material cost). Deposit?...yes, the deposit.

JB

WildWestDesigns

Were they aware that it was a special order that was going to take 2 weeks to deliver?

Were you aware of the deadline for the shirts?

Just based on what's there now, I would say the deposit would be yours, and that should cover your materials. I would either try to send them back or see if it's something that you could sell.

CanuckSigns

If that's the case, than I would tell them that the deadline given to you was September 1st, therefore you lived up to your end of the agreement, regardless of any other circumstances, you need to be paid for your work.

if that doesn't work, I would send a letter of demand, written by either you or your lawyer, demanding payment or you will have no other choice but to take legal action.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • Did you have a signed and dated quote or contract with them ??
  • Did you understand their deadline date ??
  • Did you receive a deposit as part of the contract ??
  • Did you have a clause in there that they could stiff you if they found them cheaper or quicker ??

This is what will determine more or less your outcome.

It doesn't sound like a very big order, so I think you're gonna have to accept your fate and learn from this one how to do a transaction such as this in the future.​