• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bad cut on Graphtec 5mm tal letters

clivemart4

Hi All,

Please have a look at the attached photograph. The bottom text is cut on my roland VS2 640. The top text is cut on my Graphtec FC9000. I've played about with the step pass settings on the Graphtec, but can't seem to get good results.
I can't understand why a print and cut machine is doing much better cuts on smaller text with default settings and my dedicated cutting machine looks terrible .
Any suggestion as to how I might improve, what I am dong wrong.

Any help appreciated

Attachments

• Roland v Graphtec.jpg
    Roland v Graphtec.jpg
    988.4 KB · Views: 111

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Is your cut strip in good shape? Also is the blade sharp and exposed correctly? Is your blade holder in good shape? What speed, force, offset, and acceleration settings are you using?
I've not had to change step pass settings and you'd probably be better off resetting the factory defaults on your plotter and start over. Hold the up arrow on the keyboard while you power on the plotter to reset the defaults.

The Graphtec can cut as well as the Roland any day. Don't give up on it.

clivemart4

Hi Joe,
Thanks for your reply.
The cutting strip is fine, in fact its never been used as I cut over the perf slot. I also installed a new blade holder with new blade. I think I might just have to do a factory reset and compare the results.

Thanks for your help!

Limolzi

Is this the first time you powered up your graphtec or did the problem only show now? We also only cut over the perf slot and never have had any similar issues. We use onyx and its designated cutserver on everything that we cut. What software do you use too cut on the fc9000?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
I'd try cutting this over the cut strip. You'll get better cut quality - especially on small letters.