• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Banding with black ink on gloss metallic cut vinyl.

Jharris81

So I’m trying to recreate a old car graphic and need to print a black design on some scotchcal 3m marking film. My first run went pretty good except I have some black banding which I haven’t got before, printing on white vinyl. Any suggestions?
fb625b37435aaac55b94b07e79a83ce8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Including information about your printer, rip, profiles etc etc would be helpful.

Have you tried a profile with more passes or adjusting feed calibration for that media?

Jharris81

I have an Roland xc-540. With Roland inks, Roland heads, using versaworks with an the Avery mpi profile for high quality. Sorry I am kinda new at this. I have read about running more passes but wasn’t sure how to do that.

I have not messed with calibration on anything. Our tech comes out when need be and does his thing with it but I’m scared of adjusting something I shouldn’t.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Can you try with another profile at 720x1440 dpi (high quality)?

Or try changing from bidirectional to unidirectional and see if that helps.

Jharris81

Turned out much better. Probably just a little more tweaking but I’m happy with the results. Thank you!!!
35bf46ce7434201cd9662971f009c7a2.jpg

Jharris81

So I have it looking pretty good at this point. My only thing now is the little bits seem so have darker edge which I’m guessing is from the ink settling to the outer edges.
8c66c5dab76772647d8f5d4d31304c79.jpg

7472713b84cc488d6eade71124a2b1a4.jpg