• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner coating other than Lamination?

Happyprinter

Were running alot of banners on 13 oz scrim with our Epson GS and am wondering if there is another way to coat them when they are finished rather than laminating them. The problem we are having with lamination is when they roll them up and then unroll them you can see the creases in the lamination, almost like it is seperating a little. Dont know if that is what it is doing but it does not look very professional. Also trying to get a flat lay on scrim is proving to be impossible with all the little bumps in it. Is there a liquid that we could coat them with to make them a little more durable and scratch resistant?

Circleville Signs

Not familiar with your printer, but assuming it is solvent/Eco-sol, you shouldn't be laminating. If it's not solvent or latex based, you shouldn't be selling outdoor banners anyways.

rjssigns

We use ClearStar's ClearShield CSX4000 if a client demands a coating on their banner which is almost never. Fast and easy.:thumb:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Banners are temporary signs and should never be film laminated.
If your customer want to pay a bit more roll on a thin coat of ClearShield liquid laminate.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Laminating/top coating banners

Banners are temporary signs and should never be film laminated.
If your customer want to pay a bit more roll on a thin coat of ClearShield liquid laminate.

+1 However, because banners, by definition are "temporary signage", any sort of laminate/top coating would be overkill and profit swallowing (i.e. time and materials) :thumb: