• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Print Settings on Roland

kelly r

I have a Roland sp300i and I’ve always printed on vinyl and banner and have never changed the height of the printhead. I am not even sure if I can on my printer. I just replaced the printhead and have to print on double sided 13 oz banner which I have done before but now I wonder if I need to change any settings so I don’t wreck a printhead. Any help is appreciated! TIA

Rmurray321

13oz is a “standard” banner thickness, whatever you have been doing is probably fine. However you may want to consider a blockout banner material if you’re doing a 2 sided print

UnionPrinter

i have a sp540v, i believe yours is the same as mine. when it comes to damaging the head, as long as you don't see it
smearing the print, then the head is not hitting the media and you'll be fine. But you will see a quality difference in raising
or lowing the head on certain thickness of materials. It's a lever inside the printer. When in front of the print, open the clear
front cover (do this as the printer is off) and look over to where the print head is at. Next to it, you see a lever with a white
handle. You either lift the lever up or down. HOLD all this. I just checked and the 30" doesn't have a height adjustment.

Read the doc I'm sending you.

Attachments

• Roland.JPG
    Roland.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 53

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
I have a Roland sp300i and I’ve always printed on vinyl and banner and have never changed the height of the printhead. I am not even sure if I can on my printer. I just replaced the printhead and have to print on double sided 13 oz banner which I have done before but now I wonder if I need to change any settings so I don’t wreck a printhead. Any help is appreciated! TIA
If it's double sided, are you sure what you have is 13oz?
Could be 15 or 18 ounce banner? If what you have is meant to be printed on both sides, and it's a new issue... I'd say it's thicker than before.

Broome Signs

Most Roland printers have a small lever on the side of the print carriage
move it up to rase the print hight
then go into main menu, scroll to head hight, push enter

pb

kelly r

Thank you! It is a 13 oz double sided banner. Anything I have read the 30” has no way to change the head height. Which is weird. Yes it has printed fine in the past. I guess I’ll just keep an eye on it. Just being extra cautious with the new head!