• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Stake Pockets?

Malkin

Has anyone ever heard of having "stake pockets" in a banner in order to easily attach (slide on maybe?) to some stakes driven into the ground?

Thanks!

Firefox

I assume you mean something like pole pockets but on the ends. you can do that but tensioning the banner is kind of difficult and they tend to sag without top support.

if you do a pass through type pocket then you need to grommet the top to tie off the top to the stakes so it won't slide down
or you can stitch the top closed to keep it from sliding down but the pockets tend to tear out easily if not well reinforced with additional layers or if the stakes have sharp edges.

You can also put a pole pocket on the top for support and use pvc pipe with elbows that slide over the stake tops. This can also help hold the stakes apart for better tension.