• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Trimmers

lzubieta

I'm searching for banner trimmers and most of the once that I've seen are for cutting the media rolls horizontally into whatever lenght you want. What if you have left over borders on the left and right side that you need to trim?

Is there such a machine out there that can cut left and right borders one time, rather than having to keep on flipping the media and cutting one side at a time?

I'm imagining a trimmer that has a take up reel and as you unroll the media the borders that need to be trimmed left and right are being cut with blades.

Does anyone know of anything like this and how much does it cost?

Last edited:

CheapVehicleWrap

Trimmers are pretty pricey and 1 sided. My 10 footer was $1300. Not sure what a slitter goes for but I imagine quite a bit more. Many use a ruler and knife. Unless you're printing miles of banner, that may be the most cost effective way.

Rooster

Look into a zund table with a conveyor feed.

Probably not as fast as doing a whole roll at once with a double sided slitter, but far more flexible. More accurate too. Media tends to wander from side to side a touch when being transferred from one roll to another.

Sticky Signs

Image edge used to be available at All Graphics Supplies. They're about 100$ and worth every penny.
There is such a thing as an X Y cutter for banners. I saw it in Vegas last year. I believe this is the company. There's probably others making them too. If I remeber correctly, they're worth a fortune so you need to have lots of volume to justify it.
http://www.fotoba.com/inglese/prodotti/prodotti.php

jasonx

http://www.fotoba.com

These guys do what you are after. Most people that run TurboJets run a fotoba cutter to finish off the prints. Add fotoba cut marks and it will automatically cut the print down to size.