• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner with sponsor insert...

Tony Rome

Hello, I am making a banner 4x20 double sided that will be hanging accross a street.
The customer needs a sponsor on each side about 35x35.
I was going to use velcro and just make a 35x35 seperat banner and attach that, but way too expensive.
My other thought was a clear pocket that I can slide the sponsor in.
The sponsors will change from year to year so that is why it needs to be removable.
Two questions, is the pocket the right way?
How the heck do I do it?
Thanks!

Jay Simpson

You were right on with the Velcro. It will be cheaper in the long run just replacing the 36"x36". What can that cost? $60 to replace year to year. We get up to $250 from our sponsors. Pockets can leak in the weather and you might take a chance on ruining the sign. Am I way off base here?

Pat Whatley

Print the complete banner with the sponsors on it. Next year when/if they get new sponsors have decals printed to cover the logo area. Quick, simple, and no worrying with pockets and velcro.

Tony Rome

Thanks...
I am making 7 of these for all different times of the year (different events)
The same sponsors will be switching between what event they want to sponsor.
I like the velcro for ease, but 15' for $30 and I would probably need two per banner (double sided).
I agree about problems with pockets, but dont think I want to keep going back there and removing old sponsors or putting new ones over them.
Thanks!

jiarby

Here in AZ the velcro would need to be sewn in... the adhesive will melt and fall right off. A couple mechanical fasteners (even zip ties through grommet holes) will be good added insurance. If it falls off the banner and causes an accident you will get sued.