• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beige background on new Windows 7

Colin

I have a new Windows 7 tower, and when installing CorelDraw X5, a window popped up saying something about the background color not being true RGB white due to the calibration (or something to that effect). As I had used an actual color calibration tool in the past, I left it as is. Then when I opened a file, the background was beige!

I Googled the problem and tried holding the F8 key while opening Corel again, and that changed it to white. Great!

But now when I open a JPG in My Documents, the background is still that same beige. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Colin

Nevermind, I found this fix should anybody else ever have this problem:

1. Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Color Management
2. Select your display device
3. Check the box “Use my setting for this device”
4. Click Add
5. Choose “sRGB IEC61966-2.1” (this is the color profile that IE is using)
6. Set it as default.

signswi

Using sRGB isn't the best bet though, get a Spyder and calibrate that thing. Then tell Windows to use the ICC you generated with the Spyder and all your graphics apps to use that profile as the monitor profile.

Colin

I had it calibrated before the new computer I just got. I had borrowed a friends "GretagMacbeth Eye One" calibration tool. I guess the new computer needs it done again?