• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bernsomatic flame spreader?

GB2

Old Member
Finally....someone with the same thought I've had for years...it seems like such a natural thing to use a flame spreader like this but I've never had the opportunity to try one. I hope someone else has and can report on it.

Pat Whatley

I cut vinyl for a company that strips the lettering and repaints gas station canopies. They use the flame spreader attachment and swear by it.

I've also used a weed burner when stripping box trucks. Works like a charm once you get the hang of it, especially with two people. It also has the added benefit of scaring the hell out of people who thought they wanted to come talk your ear off while you worked.

zapblam

We have a weed burner and love it for removing trailer wraps...however it is NOT ALLOWED according to safety regulations at the transit shop. My little handheld is pushing the limit...had to take a 1 hour training course on open flame safety lol. Union safety stuff.

GB2

Old Member
Actually, my thought was using the flame spreader for vinyl installation not necessarily removal, I suppose anything would work for removal.

johnnysigns

I've heard about some transit removals having major issues w/ using weed burners burning up the window seals on the buses.