• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best printer for my goal..

rbrad

I am looking for a printer that is semi-portable, around 24", that I can print the graphic below. Its meant for actual bmx number plates that I will cover with a clear vinyl. What is a versatile and capable printer?

attachment.php
(Tags for reducing images?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig Sjoquist

as far as portable .. your asking alot unless you be replacing on a regular basies

welcome to a outstanding forum and people

rbrad

I'm from just south of Aurora (Montgomery)... Chicago is just easier to explain... :) I guess I'll figure out how to attach then..

rbrad

File Attached?

File is attached with my final goal. Basically my intentions is to print do some custom printing while at the track, there are some custom number plate companies that will use card stock and the typical laminate, but they don't look professional. I have a cutter with regisration to cut the image and the base material (this plastic). If its possible to have it portable, 24", I can run it with either a generator or at bigger races with they have regular outlets available. It will not only be used for number plates, posters, helmet graphics for sponsors, names or nicknames, etc... If its all possible. I've seen some business able to print regualr posters at races with images from just completed races, so I now there is a possiblility, I just need a material and printer that will last...

Thanks, and I have already gained a crap load of knowledge reading these forums.

Attachments

• wyatt_bell_nag2_uci.jpg
    wyatt_bell_nag2_uci.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 83

rbrad

Poster Template possibility..

Here is a poster I did for a kid I sponsored this year, I have basic templates for posters ready and images from my partner can be added rather quickly, so we could just edit and print... all future goals...

Attachments

• pi2008.jpg
    pi2008.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 81

rbrad

Cool thanks... Couple questions about large format printers and materials.
I've seen dye based, solvent and thermal printers, probably a silly question but, are dye based printers water soluble, and do dye base inks print to a vynil...
- Would solvent be best?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Cool thanks... Couple questions about large format printers and materials.
I've seen dye based, solvent and thermal printers, probably a silly question but, are dye based printers water soluble, and do dye base inks print to a vynil...
- Would solvent be best?

Pigment and dye based inks are water soluble. Solvent, be it eco, light, or plain old smell my butt solvent are not.

You can get vinyl coated for water soluble inks but even with lamination, these probably won't perform to your expectations. Water will still creep between the laminate and the media.

For rugged outdoor applications, some flavor of solvent is the best choice.