• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best printer/laminator/cutter for my needs

erk13

Hello all,
I'm looking to get into the print business for a very specific application and am looking for my best options.

I will be printing on clear static cling.

The prints will be viewed from 1 1/2 to 2 feet away so the print needs to be pretty detailed.

When cutting, they need to fit exactly up to the edge of the surface they will be applied to so the cutting will need to be very accurate.

They will be touched by fingers a lot so it needs to have a durable print.

Size of the cuts will be about 1 x 6 inches or 1 x 2 inches.

Images will range from lettering to photos to digital art.

I've looked at the Summa because of the durability and cut accuracy, but am concerned about the print quality. Many of the ink printers I am concerned about the cut accuracy. Please help.

Thanks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Well without a lot more info that's a tough one. Buy lets assume you want the best as indicated. On static cling there will likely need to be white ink capability or everything will be translucent on clear. The sizes you mention put you into the label area for a machine. Wide format might not be the best option - you know - you can put finishing nails in trim with a sledgehammer - but its not necessarily the best tool for the job and probably not terribly accurate. You want the best print quality, the best cutting accuracy, at smallish sizes, need some sort of cleat or laminating ability and mentioned all in one in the title.

Sounds like you need a nice EFI Jetrion - probably a 4900ML. Corona pre-treat for printing on a very wide variety of materials, white ink ability, in-line clear coating, in line laser cutting..... sounds just right. I think they are only around 750k or so. They truly are wickedly awesome machines.

erk13

Mosh,I have absolutely none. That's why I'm asking in the newbie forum on Signs101, and not in the advanced section of Signs310. I'm just trying to get an idea of equipment I would need and if it's possible. And if so, what are some good options.

Instead of the best option, I should have said what are some options.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If that's the main application then you should outsource it. Lots of companies specialize in that stuff and I'm sure you can get some great deals from the MM's here.

erk13

Thanks. I might just end up outsourcing it.

Oh and it doesn't need to be all in one machine. Sorry if my title suggested that.

nate

We can help

Not only can we do what you're speaking of, we're just down the road from you.

Give Matt or Bryan a call 801-483-9465 or send an email to sales@vmutah.com

Thanks for looking.

chafro

Hp Latex, summa cutter and Seal laminator.

but I agree with most, outsourcing probably your best choice.