• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best solution for interior adhesive wall hooks?

rpriz

customer wants to take down a 6'x2' banner every year and move it to a different location. I was originally going to adhere it with foam tape until he said he wants to be able to move it somewhat easily. Without drilling into the walls, what are some other options that don't cost a fortune. The small sized "3M Command" adhesive hooks will end up costing approx. $450 for all 90 banners!!!! and that is not including a mark up or install.

Ron

rpriz

adds up to quite a bit of $$ and for them to want to move the banners around every year.... $$$$$$.

3M claims it holds on painted block and walls but I am a little suspicious as I have a medium sized one on a door in my house and it fell off after some time

m_s_p

I agree with jhill that the cost of the 3m hooks should be acceptable even if it does add up to $450 +MU+ install.

They should hold up. I put up a couple of the hooks in for my fiance and she hands her purses on them even when they are full. Its been well over a year so it should hold a banner no problem.

Your customer is making the request for removable hooks, no screws, and no mess. Its a reasonable option to present.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We use those command hooks for short term displays hanging on the walls at hotel conference rooms all the time.
So far we have had good luck with them holding banners coro and foam board signs with no failures and almost no damage to the paint during removal.
If the hooks are too much and it is drywall give him a box of thumb tacks.

wayne k
guam usa