• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best way to hang small sign on existing thin rubber core sign

VicoDrive

The existing sign is thin aluminum on both sides with a rubber core. I need to hang a smaller sign below it but not sure of the best way for it to look good. I cant see any other way to do it than to just drill holes in the existing sign but feel that would look half ***. Maybe grommets? Id rather screw something in between for the chains to attach to but is that really possible with rubber core and when its that thin (maybe 3/8") and be stable?

VicoDrive

Rubber or pvc? If it's ACP you can always punch a grommet through and use s hooks

The work order from the company that made the sign says its rubber. I looked at it yesterday and can confirm that. The small sign Im going to add will probably be thin PVC. I thought about S hooks but they may have to be unusually long because the middle of the sign dips down pretty long. Also what kind of grommets work work for something that thin? I was thinking of just gluing the bottom part of a banner grommets over the holes

Marlene

a picture would help as I can't figure out what it is that you are doing. the middle of the sign dips down meaning it is shaped at the bottom? is this sign hanging between posts or on a wall? is it inside or outdoors?

VicoDrive

Here you go...

sign scan.jpg