• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to remove 09 Silverado door letters

Mr. T

I need to remove the metal door letters on a 2009 Silverado. Just wondering if there are any tricks before I start prying them off.
Thanks,
Tracy

Letterbox Mike

lil chizzler takes them right off, then a citrus adhesive remover to help scrape away any left over tape. Heat them up a little bit to help loosen the adhesive.

Just pulled some off last night in fact.

Letterbox Mike

Seriously it's more work using fishing line than is necessary for the Silverado letters, they're small and pop right off with minimal effort using just a lil chizzler.

mark in tx

100lb test fishing line. Just use a sawing motion.

the lighter test line will break.

But those silverado letters do come off easy with the lil' chizzler.

trakers

Just did a Silverado the other day. Fishing line worked great. Also worked good on that annoying bow tie on the tailgate. The truck is now "naked" cept for the front gold bowtie. A friend told me I should cut out "TRUCK" in black letters and apply them to each side.

A bit of history for our younger members, back in the 80's when generics were first coming out you could buy items in all white cans with black lettering, like "BEER"

Reminds me of my favorite restaurant chain "EAT"

HA ha