• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Better quality Prints

JLSignsLLC

I am running the Mutoh Valuejet 1614 on Flexi sign 8.6V2. A few friends of mine are photographers and always request that i print some of there work. Currently printing there pictures on orajet 3651gw. The pictures come out great on this media, but i am looking for better quality prints on photo paper and also canvas per there request. Can my machine perform what i think it can do? Not sure what paper or canvas to purchase, everyone i speak to has a different opinion. Any help is help. Thanks, Jason

FatCat

The Mutoh's do a really good job regarding quality for what they are. (Outdoor printer.) If you're looking for a good paper try the Sihl 3686 Trisolv. Prints great on my Mutoh.

However, I know photographers and sometimes nothing is good enough. These printers aren't really made to print things that will be scrutinized up close - though they do a very respectable job for what they are. Just realize you won't be able to do as well as some of the water based printers out there in regards to quality if that is what they are after.

JLSignsLLC

I will give both medias a test and see which one they like most.Once again I'm amazed with the knowledge and courtesy on this site... Thank you all for your help, greatly appriacated. Jason Lowrance

dsmskyline

We used GFPhoto for the last 3 years with great results on our Mutoh VJ1608.

Recently Ive had a couple bad rolls and unfortunately has turned me off on their product.

We do a LOT of business with Fuji and ordered some of their Satin Photo paper and it prints wonderfully. I personally thing it looks amazing.