• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee....ordered

Tony McD

I've been wanting to try a Sig Squeegee for a while.

The Daige laminator I bought new in 03 broke some teeth off a gear today.
I think the sled hit the edge of the exit ramp coming out of the rollers and before I realised it,
the machine popped and the rollers stopped turning.
Sent off an email to Daige for a replacement gearbox, or most likely a gearbox and motor. (really just need one little gear)

Can't wait to try the Big Squeegee after all I've read.
A little nervous about learning to use it on the prints I have ready, hope all goes well :)

AF

Watch Dale's videos so you can have the correct technique for the various laminates out there. You will love the BS!

Tony McD

No, I haven't tried granger...but it's one of the three reduction gears in the gearbox, not one of the chain driven gears.
Might be doable, but don't have any calipers to take measurements.
This is pretty much what it looks like....except mine is missing about four teeth.
Three gears all similar, each one sets a little higher so the little gear meshes with a big gear, like inside of a watch.

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 92