• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big thanks goes out to.......................

PMG

:notworthy:Casey from SignBurst Pc :notworthy:.........................He got me up and running with file sharing...........THANKS..This guy is good................ Casey...im going to get on the horn about AVG causing the issue at hand and see what they say about it!!!!

D2S

If you don't mind what problems do you have with AVG? I use them for one of my scanning for viruses. Is there something I should be worried about?

PMG

the problem i was having is AVG firewall was blocking the communication between Pcs...maybe Casey can chime in on here to explain it better,,,when it comes to this stuff im just about clueless as i have never had to work in dos and or a network.

cgsigns_jamie

I too would like to thank Casey, he recently helped me out with two computer issues. I wouldn't have been able to figure it out without him.
:thankyou: :U Rock:

SignBurst PCs

AVG is a great security software... nothing to be worried about. The AVG firewall was blocking communication necessary for file-sharing. It seemed to be missing a profile "small network/home network". I tend to use AVG for antivirus and then use the built in Vista firewall. I am behind a hardware firewall as well, so the software firewall is just gravy (as is PMG).

Also, his new router was giving out a DNS server address that couldn't resolve his local network (ISP's DNS). That is geek talk for, his computers couldn't find each other.

By the way, you are very welcome. I am glad that I could help.

Alphonse43

I've used AVG for many years now, and have found it by far the best Anti-Virus around.
I don't use it as a firewall, anti-virus only. I have tried numerous Anti-Virus programs over the years that would not remove certain viruses, in each case as soon as I loaded AVG, the problem solved. I run a different version on each PC, one I paid the top of the range for, the other version is the free version "AVG 8 Free". The paid version seems to pick up more malware problems in my emails, both versions update at the same time, and now I woudn't think of using anything else.
Alphonse43