• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Thanks to Our Very Own Rick

Dan Antonelli

This has been a great year thus far for logo design - almost too good, in that it has quickly overwhelmed me and my own staff to get all the work coming in done. Since January, we sold over 15 small business brand identity packages.

I've admired and respected Rick Chavez work, and his continued contributions here to the various forums. The guy just gets it - and his work and approach shares the same principles of branding that we preach to our clients. And finding someone out there on the same level is really a tall order.

So I asked Rick to give us a hand on an important branding project - that was also a rush. And when I say important - to give you an idea - there was about $30-40k worth of additional advertising work hinging on the success of this initial branding.

Rick was prompt, professional and his presentation was spot on. I loved the comps. Perfect! Client unfortunately wasn't happy - which nearly caused an aneurism on my part because I loved them and thought they were crazy. But I told Rick their feedback, and few days later he came up with some other comps more in line with what they wanted.

They emailed saying they had a problem - they didn't know which to choose! Homerun. Few minor tweaks we did inhouse, and it sold - done.

So I just wanted to give a public shout out to Rick. He does so much here on the arm, I was so happy to be able to hire him to help us out of a jam.

Thanks Rick!:U Rock:

SignManiac

Rick has my utmost respect as a great designer and ive always strived to reach the bar he has set. Plus he's just damn funny to boot!

GB2

Old Member
I don't like to, nor do I often just throw my hat in the ring on threads like this but I have to make an exception in this case. I have great admiration for Rick on a number of different levels. I think he is an exceptional designer, has a superior work ethic, is tremendously detail oriented, does his homework and is completely thorough in all his projects. Though I do not know him personally, I sense that he is a person of honest, sincere, humble, likeable character. I'm glad this is not a eulogy because it's starting to feel like one...it's nice that we can take a moment to give recognition though.