• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Biting the bullet and buying a table

WB

It looks like hopefully soon will be seeing a new AXYZ 5x10 and a Agfa M2 faltbed.

I was wonder if any of you have found other niches or avenues to keep you Router tables working in slow periods? I've got a line on doing some Alum. Machining. I have a feeling there's a ton of cool things that can be done that have little or nothing to do with the print industry.

Thanks

Bill

Circleville Signs

Wholesale. Let me say it again. Wholesale.

There are at least 20 shops in a 100 mile radius of mine that do not have in-house CNC capabilities. Develop a wholesale program and hit it hard. It will carry you through the down times.

Gary

i know more than a couple sign guys who have purchased routers and the ONLY thing that they do anymore is work for other sign shops who do not have routers.

if you have a local ma & pa sign supply company it may be worth setting up a deal where they sell custom cut substrates, i know a few ppl who have set up deals like this that have worked out very nicely...you just need to come up with an easy pricing formula for the supply company so they aren't calling you for every project (price by the inch is my suggestion on these).

you would be surprised at how many cabinet shops do not have cnc routers so that may be worth a few sales calls as your skills develop (in my opinion the majority of sign makers would not be capable of doing cabinet work from the start unless they had previous experience).

the most profitable work i have done has been work for movie or tv sets...great, creative work..if you can get it...and if you can get it..it isnt very steady.

there are so many markets that you can explore just think about what you can produce with the machine and what your skills are and find ppl that need those services.

RoCo

I'm looking at the same table for here. Hopefully early next year. I like what I've seen and heard from and about AXYZ so far.

cnc602

There are a ton of things you can do with a CNC Router..
Click on links below for image examples of what you can do with a CNC Router Engraver.
Metal Engraving or parts marking
ADA Braile Sign Making
Trophy, plaque, Awards
Wood Engraving and Routing
Gift Personalization
Badges & Tags
Glass Engraving

It really depends in the area your in.
Example If there is a lot of buildings and offices going up
Look at making ADA Signs, Electical tags.
Schools near by.. Awards and trophies for soccer games and such.
Buisness around your area.. Make name tags..
Lots of things you can do...

I work as a web designer for a CNC router and engraver
manufacturer so I see what people are doing with these machines...
Sometimes it seems the possibilites are endless.