• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bleeding ink

benski

is my print head toast or something else going on but my prints have bleeding or ink migration past the edge of the print. As if fine dust of ink is falling or spraying the paper where there is no art. Its ruining all my prints. First I thought it was pressing issue but after inspecting the print very closely you can spot the ink past the edge. It is almost impossible to see unless you know to look for it. Ive cleaned my head, new ink, new dampers. 2 different papers. Changing settings in wasatch , wave form etc. I do have 1 cayan channel that is acting up dropping out all the time but not sure if it is related. Not sure what term or to call this unwanted spray of ink if anybody knows. It is loacted between the green and red stripe looks blueish or sometimes greenish. Ive seen this on a eco solvent printer many times but never on a sublimation one. see attachment for fabric and one on paper.
2.JPG

Attachments

• bleeding.JPG
    bleeding.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

benski

ok nevermind I figured it out. When I select different wave effect that uses different head channels and disengages the plugged cayan channel it no longer sprays or contaminated the paper. In wave effect you have the option to select A channels, or B channels. of the head. Since one of my Cayan ones is acting up when it does not fire it prints cleanly. Cannot figure out why my Cayan channel keeps disapperaring but I can continue to work.