• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blood Glucose Monitoring App: Anybody Using One?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm non-diabetic, but I closely monitor my fasting glucose levels each morning since Type 2 diabetes runs heavily down both sides of my family. I'm using Samsung's S-Health app for sticking with my 2015 (yes...2015) resolutions for weight control and physical activity, but other than a side-note there's nowhere to see an overall picture of blood glucose levels.

Bayer used to make the over-the-counter "A1C Now" test which, by the way, was awesome. But too many doctors must have complained about the competition because it is no longer available.

So...is anybody using an app to monitor their glucose levels, and if so which one? I have an Android (Samsung Galaxy 4) smartphone.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I use something called the Sidekick. Available, only at Walmart. It's almost a 60 day supply for less than $20. It's not terribly accurate, but it doesn't matter, unless your numbers are up in the 200's or 300's. Mine, generally are between 100 and 135 after waking up. Atnight after a 3 hour fast, they might be around 90 to 100. I get a blood work A1C every 4 months. All my other numbers are well within the good zones. Only my A1C is outta whack. P!sses me off, too. My wife makes just about all of our food from scratch, and has found some wonderful substitutes for sweetness. If you're interested, e-mail me.

DerbyCitySignGuy

I'm non-diabetic, but I closely monitor my fasting glucose levels each morning since Type 2 diabetes runs heavily down both sides of my family. I'm using Samsung's S-Health app for sticking with my 2015 (yes...2015) resolutions for weight control and physical activity, but other than a side-note there's nowhere to see an overall picture of blood glucose levels.

Bayer used to make the over-the-counter "A1C Now" test which, by the way, was awesome. But too many doctors must have complained about the competition because it is no longer available.

So...is anybody using an app to monitor their glucose levels, and if so which one? I have an Android (Samsung Galaxy 4) smartphone.

JB

That S-Health app is pretty good. I was surprised. I didn't realize how much I actually walked every day until I started using that app.