• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bought a new laser engraving cutting machine, need help with setup please.

Wasat

Hi, I Bought a new laser engraving cutting machine but issue is when switch on i get water coming through the laser head. Can anyone please help me with this as i got no experience at all with this machine.

CanuckSigns

I would reccomend posting this question in the laser engraving section of sawmillcreek.org, they have a much larger laser user base than this site.

All I can think of is somehow your water chiller lines and air assist lines got mixed up somehow.

ikarasu

Check Facebook or elsewhere... Facebook has tons of info on Chinese printers.

I just bought an omtech! I went into it knowing it'll need lots of setup and work. It's a step above true chinese lasers, but way, way lower than trotec.

It arrived with one of the limiters broken, so the machine kept grinding... Had to tape it on. So far I've cut 10mm acyrlic on it nicely though. Definately a lot more user learning than a trotec is .. which is good and bad. Good because before I she'll out 50k on a machine, I'd like to learn how they work, and this is the best way to learn how they work... You need to fix everything in the Chinese ones :roflmao:

If you bought a Chinese one, who h it sounds like... You need to learn to do a lot more reach on your own though.

astro8

Hi, I Bought a new laser engraving cutting machine but issue is when switch on i get water coming through the laser head. Can anyone please help me with this as i got no experience at all with this machine.
Do you have a dryer on your compressor?

somcalmetim

Do you have a dryer on your compressor?
Ya, I would say you somehow have your water chiller lines hooked into to your air system or you have a massive amount of condensation in your compressor.
We have an OmTech and the only problem we had was a screw came loose on one of the x axis drive pulleys that slowly started to slip, since tightening no problems since...
Its a great machine but after delivery I would advise going over every bolt and screw in the machine and tighten/check each one.
The assembly instructions that came with ours was at best not good and usually didnt even show the same model/version of cutter in examples. Google some setup videos of your specific laser from other sources and double check all your setup again...the manual might be wrong or tiny pics hard to make out, I found mistakes in ours. Get a youtube consensus and check it again.

Last edited:

Wasat

I would reccomend posting this question in the laser engraving section of sawmillcreek.org, they have a much larger laser user base than this site.

All I can think of is somehow your water chiller lines and air assist lines got mixed up somehow.
Yeh ou where right, I mixed up the 2 lines. I swapped them and now is fine. Next thing now is to workout the software lol