• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box truck wrap intall question

Dennis422

Looking to do my first full coverage wrap on a ford box truck.
I was informed that the box has fiberglass sides with a very small texture. Will I be OK using Avery 1105 RS EZ? Or I could go even cheaper with Oracal 3651 RA because it is flat?
Will the vinyl stick properly to the fiberglass?

I would do a test, but this is a job for a friend who I'm planing to visit an a few weeks and do it then. Some would say "who not go there and test it" :)
He is 5 hours away :(

Thanks in advance :signs101:

CanuckSigns

I was informed that the box has fiberglass sides with a very small texture. Will I be OK using Avery 1105 RS EZ? Or I could go even cheaper with Oracal 3651 RA because it is flat?

I would do a test, but this is a job for a friend who I'm planing to visit an a few weeks and do it then. Some would say "who not go there and test it" :)

i'm not familiar with the Avery product, but the 3651RA will be way to aggressive, you will be pulling your hair out! If you dont want to go with a true 2 mil vinyl, go with something like Automark or IJ40 or 3551RA at the least.

Dennis422

I'm OK with using Avery cast film, that is no problem. Just wandering if there will be an issue on the install because the sides are from fiberglass (Slightly textured).

CanuckSigns

I'm OK with using Avery cast film, that is no problem. Just wandering if there will be an issue on the install because the sides are from fiberglass (Slightly textured).

nope, shouldn't be an issue, We've done a few fibreglass box trucks, never had an issue.

T_K

I'm not sure about fiberglass, but I've got a recurring job of laying cast vinyl on powdercoated MDF boards. They've got a slight texture to them which shows straight through the vinyl. But it sticks just fine.
And, actually, the texture helps the install go easier, since the air has more places to go.

0igo

hey if you want to go the cheapest route go with INSTANT ONE MEDIA and Go with their regular $130 air release vinyl its cheap great quality and its supper easy to work with especially if its laminated and you are going to be wrapping outside.