• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brand New Printer Missing Nozzles and OverSpay printing

KevSign

Wondering if you buying brand new printer, that had missing nozzles and overspray on reversed print. Is that acceptable?

That funny that tech told me the missing nozzle will not affect the print quality, also the overspray because they raise the printer head higher than normal.

:thankyou:

DRamm76

Who in the hell told you that?

Got a bridge down the road..It's not mine but I am sure I can sell it..Give me your credit card..

lets put it this way.....you go out and buy a brand new car, you drive it home and your engine is making a knocking sound.............what would you do then? take it back and have it either fixed right or exchanged.

same with any new device. if your brand new printer is not working correctly, either have them fix it right away so its working 100 percent or have them exchange it.......been there and done that.

KevSign

I will give them one more chance to fix. If not still not work, Should I return or keep let them play with it?

This is Chinese printer, they are trying to promotion to sell to US from Florida.

I will give out the brand and make after they could not fix you all stay away.

artbot

if it's a brand new head and it's missing nozzles in the first day or so, that's not terribly uncommon. you probably have some vapor lock in the head that won't go away for a few days, or you can pull a vacuum at the waste line and still it may take a while for all the nozzles to have ink in them.

when you say overspray on "reverse print". ...do you mean running bi-directional back to the capping station? also what kind of head is it? i figure if you buy a chines printer there's a good chance it may have a few bugs in it that can be worked out over a week or so, then in the end, it works well enough to be worth the huge discount in price paid for it vs. a major manufacturer.

what kind of head is in the machine? depending on the head you may be able to isolate the overspray. is the overspray in one color or several?

KevSign

Yes, Stay away from them for now until they get all straight properly not. This problem I hope may be defect machine.

I like the printer very fast with dual DX5 head very good quality, but I cannot effort one day good next day problem.

When you are at the SGIA show tell them Kevin at K&L Wide Format got the printer and he hated.

artbot

send us a pick of the overspray. even though it's their responsibility to get your printer running, being able to discuss your issues in the right terminologies and have some basic understanding of what may be occurring will give you a better chance of them taking your seriously.

if you were to run a test pattern so that we could diagnose. one thing to do is create an image (2 x 8) of c, m, y, and k. so you can isolate if it's one color or all colors. if it's coming from one color, do a damper swap to see if you might have a bad cartridge/ink that is causing. ...see if the overspray jumps to a new channel during the damper swap.

then do a grayscale image with 100%, 90%, and so on. run this test print with grayscale selected so that just the black portion of your heads operates. this will isolate the fine and very dithering abilities of the head. some heads will be fine blasting ink, but not at faintly misting ink. also compare test prints in bidirectional and unidirectional. (make sure that your rip is set to variable dot)

also since it's a dual dx5, see if you can tell if the overspray is coming from different passes thus coming from one head or is it unilaterally all the nozzles, all the nozzles from one color, and adjust head height.

Last edited:

Suz

Kevsign, I'd say not acceptable. If it was my "new machine" I would want a Tech who could fix it and fix it asap. I could not afford to make that investment and not have it give me a return. Who would? Aren't we all in business to make money?

Artbot, your user name should be Smartbot. You are a great help and you are also very good at writing! :)

HulkSmash

Yes, Stay away from them for now until they get all straight properly not. This problem I hope may be defect machine.

I like the printer very fast with dual DX5 head very good quality, but I cannot effort one day good next day problem.

When you are at the SGIA show tell them Kevin at K&L Wide Format got the printer and he hated.

Where are you from? Do you speak another language?

KevSign

Coloradosigns, I am living in CA, but I am Vietnamese. Sorry for broken English. But Thank you for all supports.

Artbot, I showing them this thread and the text lower the head height. No more over spray, but they replace faulty print head holder, and now head cap too low did not complete cover the head so it start missing more nozzles.
Last Friday we clean 16 times waste 1 litter mix CMYK ink, before we can print the job. Monday Oct. 17th, tech will come again and try fix. Hope it will work if not we had to return the machine.

artbot

thanks!, suz,,,

don't worry about the english. it's a million times better than my vietnamese.

couple of things to look at. make sure your caps are targeting the bottom of the head to be perfectly centered. most capping stations can be moved in x/y direction and tightened down. to see if it's centered...paint some black ink on the rim of the captops. then park your head carriage over the capping station. the ink on the captops will "stamp" a pattern onto the bottom of the head. get a flash light and look at the bottom of your heads. are the caps centered? adjust accordingly. if your not getting tight enough contact, on my printer, you can shim (put flat metal pieces) under the capping station to raise it or lower it. also in your firmware there should be three adjustments that have to do with the capping position. there is approach, top/centered, and flash. if your printer doesn't automatically park so that the capping station is at it's highest position, that means you need to reset that adjustment. that way you get maximum force against the bottom of the heads.

Robert M

artbot

Artbot shares his wisdom once again

"don't worry about the english. it's a million times better than my vietnamese."

boxerbay

you could always adjust the muffler bearings and then soak the heads in diesel fuel.

um... dont do that.

if they cant deliver what was promised have them pick up the machine. if your having this much problems just getting started... how much did you pay? is it worth the hassle so far? send that junk back.