• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Breaking news

phototec

BREAKING NEWS - Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:30 AM CT

TOKYO – Japan's top government spokesman says the country's tsunami-ravaged nuclear plant must eventually be scrapped.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano's comment Sunday was the first word from the government that the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear complex will have to be closed once its overheating reactors are brought under control.

Closing the plant is inevitable, since the seawater that emergency crews are using to cool the reactors is corrosive, rendering key parts of the complex unusable.

Edano says the plant will be in no condition to be restarted.

FUKUSHIMA, Japan (AP) — The operator of Japan's overheating, leaking nuclear plant backed away Sunday from a tricky venting of radioactive gas from a troubled reactor as concerns grew about wider contamination of food and water.

Traces of radiation are turning up well beyond the leaking Fukushima Dai-ichi plant after cooling systems to its six reactors were knocked out by the massive March 11 quake and tsunami on Japan's northeast coast. Radiation has seeped into the food supply, with spinach and milk from as far as 75 miles (120 kilometers) showing levels of iodine in excess of safety limits.

Physicist Michio Kaku says it's time for the Chernobyl Option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPa6hwWy7x8

iSign

Scary stuff for sure...

Bombing Libya is another of the breaking news stories making this not just another week of checking the weather or wondering about the economy...

Those 2012 doomsday premonitions aren't looking quite as whacky lately...

phototec

Scary stuff for sure...

Bombing Libya is another of the breaking news stories making this not just another week of checking the weather or wondering about the economy...

Those 2012 doomsday premonitions aren't looking quite as whacky lately...

That's just what my wife was saying, the end could be near!!!!