• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Briteline 3203 Jamming in HP700w curing.

jgardner

I have been having trouble with Briteline 3203 vinyl on my HP700w. The vinyl is getting stuck in the curing module. I have edited the profile to reduce the curing temp., I have turned the vacuum all the way to zero. I have also tried using profiles for other vinyl, i.e. Arlon 4600.

This does not happen with paper or banner, only Briteline vinyl.

Is anyone else having this issue, is there a solution?

Attach the Media Feed Tool as described in the video:

Also, the vacuum only acts on the media while it is moving through the print zone, not the cure unit.

jgardner

Attach the Media Feed Tool as described in the video:

Also, the vacuum only acts on the media while it is moving through the print zone, not the cure unit.
I've tried this as well. The vinyl is getting stuck jamming in the pr4int area. It is not getting through the curing module. This is happening at all times, with the vinyl attached the take-up reel and without. It does appear at time that the grit roller at the input area is spinning at times without advancing the vinyl properly. I'm not convinced that the problem is not a roller calibration issie either.

I've tried this as well. The vinyl is getting stuck jamming in the pr4int area. It is not getting through the curing module. This is happening at all times, with the vinyl attached the take-up reel and without. It does appear at time that the grit roller at the input area is spinning at times without advancing the vinyl properly. I'm not convinced that the problem is not a roller calibration issie either.
That is a fairly standard calendared vinyl film on a 90-pound release liner, there should be no unique challenges with that media. If the media has front tension on it from the TUR or the Media Feed Tool, there should be virtually no chance of media crashes, unless something else is going on - such as adhesive residue on platen surfaces that causes media to not advance as it should.

How long has the printer been in service?

KH t's n Signs

Are you using the briteline 3203 profile? I have a 315 and I had to turn the temps down to about 209-212. Also, Sometimes on media I have to take a ruler and stick it up there and push the media down until it starts coming out of the curing zone. I typically have more of an issue in the summer because the media will absorb more moisture from the warehouse and will want to curl at the beginning. Also when the heater is starting up, it heats up to around 10 degrees more than print curing and it likes to curl up the edges. I usually don't have a problem with the briteline as much but once in a while.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
I never had problems with matte finishes but for glossy material it did just as you described. I just got used to utilizing the take up reel so there was constant tension. Never had any issues with it once that became routine.

ToTo

Professional Support
Check and reduce input tension. Is there a lot of debris on the drive roller making the substrate slipping?

jgardner

Are you using the briteline 3203 profile? I have a 315 and I had to turn the temps down to about 209-212. Also, Sometimes on media I have to take a ruler and stick it up there and push the media down until it starts coming out of the curing zone. I typically have more of an issue in the summer because the media will absorb more moisture from the warehouse and will want to curl at the beginning. Also when the heater is starting up, it heats up to around 10 degrees more than print curing and it likes to curl up the edges. I usually don't have a problem with the briteline as much but once in a while.
Thanks for the reply. I feel like the initial heat being high could be part of the issue here. Also, this started to be an issue a month or 2 ago. Just when the humidity increased in the shp.

ozpall

the way mine its been working with my rigid vinyl is to load the vinyl till sticks out, and my vac its set to 90, before that i had nothing but issues crashing or striking the material.

richsweeney

We use 3203 on the hp 360. For us it depends on the humidity , if it is at the end of the roll and what day the chicoms made it. For the 360 you do have to clean the platen once in a while, Ours has a silicon wrap. (have not cleaned it in 5 years) Otherwise make sure you have the material advanced past the platen a few inches. If that fails upgrade to a more expensive and better substrate.