• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bubbling on Scrim

Happyprinter

Just installed our GS6000 and it is running great. Just one question. When I put in our 130z scrim vinyl it will run great for about 2 feet and then a couple of small ridges in the middle appear, luckily no head strike, but then after about 2 inches they go away. Run another 2 feet and they reappear. This repeats thru the whole banner run. I have tried adjusting temps and this seems to be the best result so far. Any suggestions on what I can do to get rid of the ridges would be appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is it a new roll of media ??

If so, give it some slack down the backside, so the printer doesn't have to pull so much weight through.

boxerbay

could be a bad roll of media. we had the same problem with a roll of oracal 3640G. i turned off the heat, turned up the heat, loaded and re-loaded, low and high pressure on the rollers clamp. had me going on circles for about an hour. then i tried switching out that roll for another roll of the same media i had in the box and poof problem solved. sent the defective roll back to vendor for a credit.