• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buy a Printer and Get a Wrap Business

letterman7

Got the same emailed ad. Can't fault Mutoh for trying to upsell on their printers; it's got nothing to do if you can design or not...

Mikeifg

Yeah just wait 6 months to a year from now the market will be flooded with repo'd mutoh printers

Pat Whatley

That's no different than the ads Gerber used to run about buying a 4B and starting a sign company in your basement.

At least Mutoh is offering design training!

Vicg

they say its a 5k value and you take somekind of test and get your name placed on carwraps.com its like the professors getting degrees at bogus colleges
Vic

The Equipment Guy

I remember those Gerber ads, boy did I take a few shots for those when I was a GSP seller, Gerber realized their error pretty quickly though and pulled them (Popular mechanics was the magazine I think they did it in) Only thing that saved me was whenever I sold a 4B I always threw in a copy of "Mastering Layout" by Mike Stevens and told people that if you did not read it TWICE you wold never be a sign guy.

Am I dating myself?

Craig

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's no different than the ads Gerber used to run about buying a 4B and starting a sign company in your basement.

At least Mutoh is offering design training!

I remember those Gerber ads, boy did I take a few shots for those when I was a GSP seller, Gerber realized their error pretty quickly though and pulled them (Popular mechanics was the magazine I think they did it in) Only thing that saved me was whenever I sold a 4B I always threw in a copy of "Mastering Layout" by Mike Stevens and told people that if you did not read it TWICE you wold never be a sign guy.

Am I dating myself?

Craig

I remember that ad. What was particularly offensive about it was the headline that said something to the effect of:

No Experience or Talent Needed.

As I recall, public criticism by Butch Anton (SuperFrog) brought the ad campaign to a quick end.