• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cala "Broken Pipe"

toodark

Mac went to sleep in middle of Job now for some reason I keep getting a error message about a "Broken Pipe" what's up?

Locals Find!

Found on google:

[h=1]Re: the meaning: broken pipe[/h]

‎09-21-2011 09:53 AM
Basically the OS is telling you that it has lost the ability to write data to the printer. This would typically be caused by some sort of corruption in the CUPS printing system.

The first thing I would try is Restting the print system and re-adding the printer.

To do this open System Preferences and then Open Print & Fax. Then <control> click or right click on the blank space around the list of printers on the left hand side. You should see a pop up menu and the option to Reset print system.

Once you select that the OS will restore the CUPS printing system to all the original default settings. Thsi will of course erase all of your print queues.

Once that is done I would reboot the Macintosh and the printer. Then go back to System Preferences--> Print & Fax and then re-add the printer.

toodark

no that I deleted the printer I can not get it loaded back. I am using either net connection and do not remember how the tech configured the settings?
H do I go about loading this back to the MAC? I have the IP address from the Pinter screen

toodark

shut it down and restart it, both printer and computer
I did. That did not work.

So I erased the printers from my preferences now I can not get the HP loaded again. I thought I remembered how the HP tech laded my 26500 but I guess I don't.