• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calculating Wrap Material

karbonkreationz

Hello everyone,

I apologize in advance if I did not search far enough back but I am hoping you guys might be able to help me out with a general wrap question.

I am an experienced wrap installer but almost 99% digital 3M Control Tac. I am about to do a side job for a friend on a 2006 F250 Quad Cab Dually. I've done this model before but he is wanting to use just a flat color. Any ideas on if 25 yards would be enough to cover it? Or should I do a 25 and 10? 50 yard?

Also, if you guys have any general tips on calculating material that would be great! I know that I can just calculate all of the measurements and figure out it but wasn't sure if there was a short cut....ie 25 yards for 4 door sedans and less, 50 yards for anything larger etc etc

Thank you!

trimitbyrich

Art Station has a wrap calculating software that really would be perfect for what you are needing to calculate. I think the disc is $150 but very worth the expense. It shows every vehicle from every angle you'd need. It shows the vinyl panel sizes for all those angles and even shows the total square footage for every vehicle. It really comes in handy for estimating a job because you'll know exactly what you're going to need in vinyl. I have it at the shop and I can look it up when I get in tomorrow morning and send you the dimentions.

HulkSmash

It's easier then you think.

Length of vehicles TIMES Height of vehicle. X2 for 2 sides
Tail gate Length TIMES Height.
Hood.. same thing...

add all together get total SQFT.

20-30 yards should be enough.

karbonkreationz

Thanks for the info guys! Rich....I could not for the life of me remember the name of that software....I will definitely check it out again!

Colorado....thats what I had kind of guessed but just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything. I'm also adding in a few yards for any mishaps but don't plan on any

Thanks!