• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Caldera with SIGSEGV error

Chrb

I'm having problem each time trying to print on my Latex-375 ( server interrupted by SIGSEGV )
Does anyone had this issue please help.
regards

Chrb

thank you for your reply.
the problem is this error is only on the Latex-375 , there are other machines connected to the same software they run perfectly, Z series and other Latex .

WildWestDesigns

thank you for your reply.
the problem is this error is only on the Latex-375 , there are other machines connected to the same software they run perfectly, Z series and other Latex .
And it could be something about that protocol is trying to access something that it shouldn't be in memory, but the others aren't. Kinda the same thing when people will discover bugs due to their workflow, while others may not have those issues.

Segmentation Fault Violations are fundamentally memory access errors. Null pointer, modify readonly memory or using a pointer wrong. Without anything else to go on, that is about as specific as I can get. None of which, you would be able to fix on your own. The only hope would be is if there was something in your workflow that cased those memory issues that you could work around, otherwise, it reads/sounds like a bug in the software itself (well either way, it's a bug, just would it be one that you could work around is something else). Unless you have logs somewhere that are more explicit on what was going on when that error happened.

Chrb

I really appreciate your help man.
we were printing normally that day , we left the machine around 30 min stand by and when we tried to print again it came with this error. and the strange thing that if you try to warm up the machine from the software it works fine , just when you press print with different files

dypinc

Thank you friend but I couldn't find this articles , I wish you could send me another link or screen shot.
thanks a lot

Driver error - interrupted by SIGSEGV, HP Printers​

Updated 2 years ago

First check the common reasons before starting with this article.
Driver error - interrupted by SIGSEGV, common reasons.
- Version 9: HP-Latex-360/370. Try duplicating the driver (and avoid the original name).

Other option to try is: Stop printer driver from running (In Server Admin) and remove or rename some of the printer specific files available in the following folders:

/opt/caldera/lib/shared/
/CALDERADATA/Users/caldera/.cas/HPL3xx...

- Version 10.1 build 150923 or newer, and latest driver HP-Latex and Z-series
Settings Tab > Server Admin > Select the printer > Configure, Under the Misc Tab press the "Driver Reset" button. HP driver reset (method 1)
Just to be sure reset the printer configuration (Settings Tab > Config > Select the printer icon on the right side, Reset Configuration). Driver reset explained

"Driver reset" for latex and last Z printers will remove all the files from the shared directory containing information downloaded from the printer (media, qualities available) and all the internal SDK cache file (database of supported printers).
Then it will restart the driver as it is at first install, and you can recover from situations where the SDK went wrong

- Version 10.x: HP-Latex-360/370. Create a media patch in case of custom profiles not saved on printer controller. Also export the QuickPrints.

Uninstall the printer driver in Server Admin, remove printer specific files from:
/opt/caldera/lib/shared
/home/caldera/.cas/CONFIGS
/opt/caldera/lib/HPSDK/Linux/HP_SDK
or /opt/caldera/lib/HPSDK/Mac/HP_SDK
In this folder you will find a folder HP-Latex-360 and you need to delete the files:hpldrlgl_backup.dat and hpldrlgl.dat
PREV