• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling all SignLab Gurus...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Here's an interesting subject:

Is it possible to do identical sequential numbering two different places on a single layout?

We do a lot of sequential numbering in just one place using merged data via the "badges" function and we have that part mastered.

My question: Is it possible to create a "target" window anywhere on the layout that would display identical information from any given selection elsewhere on the layout.

Thanks,

JB

James Burke

1) Set up your text file in your text editor, MS Word or MS Excel (my preferred method). In Excel, save as a tab delimited .txt file. Each LINE will contain the same two numbers, and each following line of text will be one digit sequentially higher.

2) Place two separate lines of text anywhere on your layout.

3) Marquee select the outline of your layout (this also includes the two lines of text in your layout). Make sure nothing is "grouped".

4) Merge your text file using the "badge" function.

JB

James Burke

For some reason, my newly upgraded SignLab 9 doesn't seem to handle the plain text files as well as prior versions.

It merges data from tab delimited Excel files without any problem.

JB

gabagoo

I spend a lot of time diddling with that function and only to change one line of non sequential numbers and text. I guess because I do it so infrequently, it's like relearning it everytime I attempt it. The end results are worth the 4 or 5 tries getting files correct as it saves so much time