• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CammJet CJ70 - Decent machine?

AKWD

I have the opportunity to pick up a used unit (with a warranty) for very affordable. I'm currently running a Master XY-300P successfully - No random line/static *heh* issues. I am wondering if I should dive into the CammJet CJ70; I'm curious about quality, durability and overall longevity, as well as print quality and cut quality. I know most of you are going to hear Master and tell me to run to the Roland; I know that already. I want to know if this is a worthwhile machine to run to.

I already know it is the pigment-based unit; As read on previous forum pages it likes to run around 79sqft/hour at 360dpi and that yes, I will need overlaminate for any outdoor use, no questions asked.

I am looking at a good price on it and don't think I have a lot of time to act on it.

ChicagoGraphics

Why not?
I have a CJ-500 that I use just for art reproductions now, but I use to use it for outdoor using the pigment ink set, with a liquid laminate and after 4+ years most of my prints that are outdoors still look good. It puts out great colour, but it does print sloooooow.
How much can you get that printer for if you don't mind me asking.

AKWD

Well, I think the idea is just canned; The seller has 'disabled' printing and as they say, it is only good for 'cutting'; They can't get replacement heads for them. My question is, is that are the heads really not available for the CJ anymore?

AKWD

So someone is either blowing smoke up my tailpipe or there is something wrong with the unit. Would these be new heads from Roland, or other source?

ChicagoGraphics

If your seriously looking for a Roland CJ series printer, I have one for sale it's the CJ-500 54" printer/cutter, have the original shipping box. Send me a PM