• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can I use a 2.5A fuse for a vj 1304 in a vj x1324?

TMAhoia

Wondering if fuse 2.5A for a Mutoh 1304 can be replaced into Mutoh x1324....... My printer has an error message for base fuse- we checked the F2 fuse on mainboard and there is no continuity - I can't find 2.5 fuse for x1324 on the internet anywhere, wondering if 1304 will be ok?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Wondering if fuse 2.5A for a Mutoh 1304 can be replaced into Mutoh x1324....... My printer has an error message for base fuse- we checked the F2 fuse on mainboard and there is no continuity - I can't find 2.5 fuse for x1324 on the internet anywhere, wondering if 1304 will be ok?
As long as the fuses are the same rating, you can use the one from the 1304. The F2 fuse in my experience is 750mA not 2.5A so make sure before you swap them.

TMAhoia

code is E152Err Base Fuse.....we already checked fuse for CR board but good. Anyhow changed out the CR Board and still get the same message. Checked the fuses on the main board and the F5 is not good. A friend replaced the fuse for us and still the same error message after printer initializes..... it seems that F5 fuse might have blown again because there is no continuity after checking....am weary about replacing fuse again (worried that it will blow again) or should I just replace whole new main board? Is there any other reasons why the F5 fuse would blow?

At my wits end with this ....as this printer is my family's bread and butter. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
code is E152Err Base Fuse.....we already checked fuse for CR board but good. Anyhow changed out the CR Board and still get the same message. Checked the fuses on the main board and the F5 is not good. A friend replaced the fuse for us and still the same error message after printer initializes..... it seems that F5 fuse might have blown again because there is no continuity after checking....am weary about replacing fuse again (worried that it will blow again) or should I just replace whole new main board? Is there any other reasons why the F5 fuse would blow?

At my wits end with this ....as this printer is my family's bread and butter. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Check your head cables and the long cables that go from the CR board to the main board. It's usually one of those that has a bad pin, ink splatter or corrosion on the leads, or otherwise damaged causing the short. Even if they look slightly off, I'd replace them.