• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can SignLab 8 break masks?

gabagoo

can SignLab 8 break masks?

If so what is the term of the function that does it and where do I find it?

seeing that illustrator seems to have them I would think you could break them in the software

schmitty

If you are talking about a mask on a bitmap, the command is alt+u, or arrange/clipping/clipping clear.

Enjoy!

gabagoo

I imported the pdf back in, and I get a box that opens asking me at what dpi I want the transparency?... I have never been asked that question before and I know the file technically should have no transparencies in it. Once I tell it how much dpi I guess it converts the entire file into a bitmap, and I have no choice but to tell it a dpi, so there seems no way around it.

Now in Flexi I can bring the file in and I can break the masks down... although for what should be a simple file there were about 4 or 5 of them. Once they are all broken down and deleted the file is fine..... I can alter and do what i please.

I find that as time goes on I am experiencing more and more strange attributes to files and trying to deal with them can be quite trying.