• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can Signlab do this ?

5acrefarmer

Hi

Finally (!) I am wanting to upgrade my ye olde version of Signlab 3.21

I have used version 4.95 (?) several years ago but have no idea what Signlab can do now.

I only want to buy a basic version of Signlab as I don't do my own digital printing.

There are 2 things I would like to know can be done . . .

1: Can a .jpg file be exported from Signlab ? Basically I want to be able to combime vector images and photos etc then export the final design as a .jpg.

2: Does the latest version of Signlab come with a driver for my equally olde Camm-1 plotter ? This is the original Camm-1 that is oh so slow and only takes vinyl 20 inches wide. I will get a new plotter but not for several months yet.

Thanks for any advice you can provide, I'd like to get info from users before talking to a salesperson.

Ian

5acrefarmer

Yes !

1: Hooray !

2: Hooray !

I seriously expected so but I strongly believe in confirming the obvious before rushuing in. Thanks.

I used to combine vector and .jpg in my old pirated copy of Illustrator which I don't want to do anymore and Illustrator can cost as much as Signlab so why buy both?

Thanks.

geb

I have signlab version 6 and can run my Camm1, although I have a bigger cutter now. I think the upgrade is a great idea, provided you have a computer compatible for the latest version of Signlab, if that's what your upgarding to. All these questions, as already mentioned, can be found at Cadlinks site.

George

George

5acrefarmer

Computer

Thanks George.

Because of my old version of Signlab I have to run it on an old second computer which is a pain. When I got Signlab it was in the Windows 3.1 days but it will run (with some minor hiccups) in Windows 98 but definitely not XP.

So having Signlab on my new computer will be great.