• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Arizona 1380 XT Light colors remove

rom3o

Hello, I have an Arizona 1380 XT printer that has LM and LC colors. I know I can print without them using profiles from 1360 XT but I need to completely remove them from the machine. Is this possible? Canon service says that there is no such possibility but I do not trust them.

rom3o

Canon should be able to change the inks to cyan and magenta for the CM2 config.

thanks for the reply. in my arizona there is already Cyan and Magenta. I would like to completely remove Light cyan and Light magenta

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
thanks for the reply. in my arizona there is already Cyan and Magenta. I would like to completely remove Light cyan and Light magenta
yes, but the 1380xt has 2 configs
light cyan & light magenta
OR
CM2 which has 2x cyan and 2x magenta channels

otherwise you're downgrading the printer to a 1360xt and there's no point to that.

rom3o

yes, but the 1380xt has 2 configs
light cyan & light magenta
OR
CM2 which has 2x cyan and 2x magenta channels

otherwise you're downgrading the printer to a 1360xt and there's no point to that.
yes, I want to downgrade my printer to 1360 XT

I already print on profiles from 1360 XT

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
yes, I want to downgrade my printer to 1360 XT

I already print on profiles from 1360 XT
This makes absolute no sense.

You already have 8 channels...

Like i said, the 1380 has 2 configurations
C,M,Y,K,lc,Lm
OR
C,C,M,M,Y,K
+White & White/Varnish

All you need to do is get them to convert the Light Cyan to Cyan and Light magenta to Magenta.

You'll still have your 1380 config and you'll get increased production speeds...

rom3o

This makes absolute no sense.

You already have 8 channels...

Like i said, the 1380 has 2 configurations
C,M,Y,K,lc,Lm
OR
C,C,M,M,Y,K
+White & White/Varnish

All you need to do is get them to convert the Light Cyan to Cyan and Light magenta to Magenta.

You'll still have your 1380 config and you'll get increased production speeds...
one of the print heads (LC) suddenly stopped working for no reason. The repair is very expensive. That's why I want to get rid of these two colors.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
one of the print heads (LC) suddenly stopped working for no reason. The repair is very expensive. That's why I want to get rid of these two colors.
You should have mentioned it from the beginning

The answer is yes, you can technically downgrade or upgrade the printer.
not 100% sure if the techs can do it as it's all apart of the firmware.

May or may not need to reconfigure the whole machine. i don't actually know the process. but all the machines are identical, just different configuration of printhead channels.

rom3o

You should have mentioned it from the beginning

The answer is yes, you can technically downgrade or upgrade the printer.
not 100% sure if the techs can do it as it's all apart of the firmware.

May or may not need to reconfigure the whole machine. i don't actually know the process. but all the machines are identical, just different configuration of printhead channels.
I am just an operator and had no influence on the choice of machine. Thank you for your answer.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I am just an operator and had no influence on the choice of machine. Thank you for your answer.
My advice to pass on to the decision maker:
Replace the print head. Turn it into a 2x cyan and 2x magenta machine. This configuration improves print quality in production modes & has faster production modes.

If you downgrade to a 1360, you now lose 2x print heads. 1 dead one, and one good one. Devalues the machine.

Good luck!