• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado 1640 Technician - KANSAS

JKCC

Hey! We are in desperate need for a Colorado Technician. Long story short we were going to buy new, Canon was supposed to setup and service. We bought used and now we are finding out there are no service techs in this area and that Canon didn't even look to see if there was before trying to sell us a machine. We are willing to PAY... we have one company out of Texas that we have found that is willing to come, but they are 7.5 hours away and 4-6 weeks out. ANY help or assistance is appreciated.

Hey, I'm not a Canon technician, but I've been repairing these machines for a year. Of course, not everything works out, because I do not have a usb service key, but many problems can be solved without it. I also have a lot of spare parts for the Colorado 1640 and 1650.

Forcing the pump by controlling the stepper motor :)

Attachments

• IMG_9781.jpeg
    IMG_9781.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73

Andy Mars

My advice would be to sell it and buy a printer that has reliable tech support. I currently have a 1380gt and getting service is extremely difficult. When you buy a new printer from Canon they expect you to be the service tech. Yes they will provide training but then they will keep calling you to go service other peoples printers. As if I have time to do that on top of my full time job... Our next printer wont be a canon product.

JKCC

Hey, I'm not a Canon technician, but I've been repairing these machines for a year. Of course, not everything works out, because I do not have a usb service key, but many problems can be solved without it. I also have a lot of spare parts for the Colorado 1640 and 1650.
Where are you located? We are in Kansas.

JKCC

My advice would be to sell it and buy a printer that has reliable tech support. I currently have a 1380gt and getting service is extremely difficult. When you buy a new printer from Canon they expect you to be the service tech. Yes they will provide training but then they will keep calling you to go service other peoples printers. As if I have time to do that on top of my full time job... Our next printer wont be a canon product.
Well we thought we had tech support when they said they'd bring it in, set it up and service it. LOL they just don't like that we bought used I think.

Andy Mars

Well we thought we had tech support when they said they'd bring it in, set it up and service it. LOL they just don't like that we bought used I think.
Who did you buy the printer from, Canon? Since it was used do you know if it sat around unplugged? Was it properly service for storage? Or was it unplugged, moved to your shop and plugged back in the same day? What issues are you having?

Aslo, do you find it weird that no Canon Techs that have an active service key are not chiming in?