• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canvas Stretcher Bars Source...

nhaberer

Hello Signs 101!

This is my first posting, although I've been creeping posts for a few weeks now. My business has just purchased some new printing equipment for personalizing the products we manufacture. To support our new product offering we are going to be printing canvas display graphics which I would like to gallery wrap for customers to present our products.

A few weeks ago I saw a post from someone, I think it was a fellow Canadian, who has a source for canvas stretcher bar kits in Ontario. There was a great video to go along with it and now I cant find it. Wondering if someone would be kind enough to link to that post or, if that individual would be able to reply with that source, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, I look forward to continuing to follow the forums!

nhaberer

Thanks for the replies. I got a couple kits from Lexjet in a package and they are really easy to use and priced not too bad, however I would prefer to have a local source on as many of my consumables as possible. I'll keep an eye out and any more suggestions are appreciated!

sfr table hockey

If you get to doing enough of them you might just want to get standard stretcher bar by the 10 foot length (from a picture framing supplier)and chop and join them on your own. I tend to print the canvas first and then measure and make the frame to exact size depending on the edge effects. The bar lengths go for around $1 a foot but you do need a good miter saw and a good clamp method. I do picture framing as well and use a "V" pinner but you may not need that just for stretcher frames.