• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Captop Gap check issues

Rualsignmaker

The caps are touching the Y&M head before the B&C head. When doing a cap adjust its squishing the Y&M head againt the cap top before sealing the B&C head.
20220314_221330.jpg
Having issues with ink siphoning and draining the cartridges over night. Replaced a aftermarket pump with a Roland pump today but read that the caps being too tight against the heads will Siphon ink. Roland tech was out here to replace a head and fuse on 3/11. Last night it over flowed the drain bottle onto the floor of x4 440ml brand new ink carts. Any ideas?

Roland sp540v

weyandsign

I think the caps look straight but the heads looks cockeyed. This is what it should look like.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    589.4 KB · Views: 100

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
You mentioned the pump, but have you replaced the captops? If they are old, they can wick the ink out of the heads. When in the capped position, they should both be tight against the heads - and your right head does look to be installed incorrectly. Try reseating it.

Rualsignmaker

You mentioned the pump, but have you replaced the captops? If they are old, they can wick the ink out of the heads. When in the capped position, they should both be tight against the heads - and your right head does look to be installed incorrectly. Try reseating it.
Yes new Roland brand captops. I will have the tech adjust next time they're out. I am "issue" free (for a old machine) for now. Thank you for the input!