• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carpet decal substrate for bassboat carpets

Davesign21

Ive been experimenting w different substrates in order to print bass boat carpet decals. can someone help? It will be used in all exterior condition, wet, and be able to stay down at 50mph, ive used GF212 interior carpet substrate, it doesnt stay down at 50 mph , hopefullt 5mils or better, so the carpet nap wont show thru the decal, these will also be laminated w non slip clear or textured laminate. My machine is a Roland, 540 v versa camm. max cutting depth is 15 mil i think?

MikeD

I recall a thread about this recently. Try searching the forum. There were lots of suggestions.
Good Luck!

Davesign21

Carpet decals for BASSBOATS adhesive questions

Thanks for the help so far. My goal for these carpet decals are that when they are removed there is no residue let behind. So there seems to be high tack, removable and permanent adhesives probably more. Also exterior grade adhesive I'm guessing that its has some degree of waterproofness. Permanent means permanent and a residue will be left behind or somehow ruining the underlying carpet. please comment guys.