• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carpet graphics for bass style boats

thewvsignguy

What is the standard media and laminate for carpet graphics?

I was thinking of something with a removable adhesive with a non-slip laminate.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 181224_593475544003743_1879694641_n.jpg
    181224_593475544003743_1879694641_n.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 64

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
General Formulations makes a product for that its called Carpet Graphic and you can find info on their website. Its cool stuff

ISGtulsa

General Formulations makes a product for that its called Carpet Graphic and you can find info on their website. Its cool stuff

On that Carpet Graphics from General Formulations. How do you ensure that it bonds properly to the carpet? I have 2 customers that we have used this as well as a non skid laminate, and it is coming up off of the boat after a weekend tournament. Any advice for how you get it to adhere without coming up? I thought maybe it was a bad batch the first time, but we have had it come off twice and are having to replace the graphics again.
We have also used IJ40 as someone had also recommended that, with the same results. Any advice is much appreciated!

Bill Modzel

Just the fact that it's in a boat and there's absolutely no way to keep water from migrating under it would seem to make this a challenge at best. I was at a 3M demo last week and they were showing off their new rough wall vinyl which was pretty amazing but they even stated that the top edge of the installation should be sealed with silicone calk.

I have screen printed outdoor boat carpeting in the past with NazDar's DA series with catalyst with no problems but it is a definitely permanent application.

jman

had a guy request the same and we got a roll of carpet vinyl material and the stuffs a pain to contour cut.