• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CASmate Fonts

Mike L

I know that CASmate makes a folder for the fonts on the c: drive, but is there anyother place where they would be?

Mike L

Nope not in there, CASmate instaled in the C: dir and has a folder for fonts. I need to transfer fonts from another comuter to the new install, but I am unable to find the fonts on the old computer but the program sees them.

cgsigns_jamie

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the fonts came on a CD and there was a program on the CD that copied all the fonts to a CASFONTS directory on the C drive. I think all the other fonts were located in the standard Windows fonts directory.

cgsigns_jamie

Nope not in there, CASmate instaled in the C: dir and has a folder for fonts. I need to transfer fonts from another comuter to the new install, but I am unable to find the fonts on the old computer but the program sees them.

Once again it's been a while but I think CasMate fonts used to be bundled together by foundry or family. So you would have a propriety file with all the Bitstream fonts and only CasMate would be able to read it and use the individual fonts inside the file. So basically in Windows Explorer you would have a file called Bitsream but in CasMate you would see all the different Bitsream fonts. This would explain why windows explorer only shows 6 font files but 600 fonts show up in CasMate.

Then again I could be compleatly wrong. I do belive there is a way to use the CasMate fonts in Flexi if you upgrade.

Mike L

Ok I did find the Bitsream files and copied them over to the new coputer but it is not seeing them in the program. Now I have acd that installs fonts but that seems to not work either. Any ideas? The new computer is XP

Pro Image

Ok I did find the Bitsream files and copied them over to the new coputer but it is not seeing them in the program. Now I have acd that installs fonts but that seems to not work either. Any ideas? The new computer is XP

Casmate fonts have nothing to do with traditional fonts.........They are in there own directory that Casmate looks for.........

Did you install Casmate on the new computer.....if you did why didn't you install the fonts??????

If it was a mistake then run the setup for casmate again and just install the fonts.......that way you don't have to install casmate all over again.....then you will have you fonts.......

iSign

I'd be interested to learn how you solved the Casmate issue we were all trying to help you with the other day & also how you are dealing with Casmate on XP?

iSign

I am pretty sure Casmate won't work on the NT kernel, which is anything past Win98.

That is true for the normal installation procedure... but, there have been drastic measures that have allegedly been known to work.

I paid some guy $35 for one of those software code fixing magic potions for Casmate... but I never needed it bad enough to test drive it. I'm sure it's on some backup archive drive somewhere... although I don't know if it ever really worked. I do know the guy called himself something like "Archeon of Thrace" and was chiming in on all Casmate threads on several forums back then.

Mike L

I'd be interested to learn how you solved the Casmate issue we were all trying to help you with the other day & also how you are dealing with Casmate on XP?

If you look hard enough there are solutions on the net.

There was even a guy on here trying to sell me flexi for $100 with a key that he already has on 3 of his own computers. Now flexi is still in business if I understand this I we didnt want to go down that road.

Mike L

I am pretty sure Casmate won't work on the NT kernel, which is anything past Win98.

It does work on XP I am just having a problem installing the fonts. He has a seprate Fonts cd which has the Bitseam files that have to be installed with the cd you cant just copy them over. But something stops the instalaltion ???
I will be working on it later today.

Mike L

Casmate fonts have nothing to do with traditional fonts.........They are in there own directory that Casmate looks for.........

Did you install Casmate on the new computer.....if you did why didn't you install the fonts??????

If it was a mistake then run the setup for casmate again and just install the fonts.......that way you don't have to install casmate all over again.....then you will have you fonts.......

Like I said in a different thread I am just a computer repair guy, lol.

I now see how to install the fonts, and I guess he forgot how to because he has had it running on this W98 machine since it came out, and never has even had to pull out the cd until now.

But I still have the other cd with the special fonts that he uses and hope they will install since I will have the other fonts installed, will find out later.

dclet

A much easier way to install the fonts would be to just copy them over to the correct casfont directory and add the "SET CASFONTF" line in the autoexec.bat - the finst on the cd is archaic...

it indeed works on xp, and vista ( slightly goofy though )

Bigdawg

Just Me
If you look hard enough there are solutions on the net.

There was even a guy on here trying to sell me flexi for $100 with a key that he already has on 3 of his own computers. Now flexi is still in business if I understand this I we didnt want to go down that road.

Fred and I take that real seriously here. You have a PM. Please reply...

Mike L

Fred and I take that real seriously here. You have a PM. Please reply...

I don't remember who it was ??? I just deleted it after I read it and as I am not a regular I wouldn't know one guy/gal from the next.
Sorry

I guess it is a good reminder to the folks here how important it is not to go and offer software that isn't theirs to offer.