• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing Inks

Stormyj

Just another guy
Hi all,
I am currently using Digitl Ink 440 Evo-x solvent based ink and my distributor is phasing out that ink. I have another company that has Roland Eco Maxx 440 inks and I plan on changing over to these. Both inks are solvent based. Can I just plug in the new cartridges and carry on as normal? I read somewhere that you have to flush the entire system, but was wondering what would happen if you just put the new cartridges in. Not doing anything as of now, but keeping it in mind.
[h=1]Jim[/h]

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The company you are buying the ink from should know the conversion procedure. If they don't, that would be a red flag for me. Check out the Bordeaux brand inks for Roland. We have sold them for years with no issues and I hear great thing from users on Signs101 as well. Bordeaux does not require a system flush and you can plug and print. The only question would be if they are compatible with the 3rd party inks you are using right now. Normally they are but you would want to check with Bordeaux with the exact brand you are using to make sure.