• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap budget logo design critique

Pat Whatley

Working on an image to use in the place of a logo on a wrap we're doing. Budget won't allow for custom illustrations or long, drawn out design sessions.

What I'm trying to get to is loose, hip, southern chic, and happy without going to stereotypical hipster fonts and designs (yes, admittedly I already went there)

So...here's where I ended up. Any thoughts?

AND I KNOW THE GRASSHOPPER ISN'T BLONDE.

Attachments

• BLONDE GRASSHOPPER S.jpg
    BLONDE GRASSHOPPER S.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 104

OldPaint

instead of FASHION TRUCK...........................
see how TRAVELING FASHION SHOW........might work. think of the old traveling medicine show graphics.....

Pat Whatley

Looks good BUT....what is a fashion truck?
Literally a women's clothing store on wheels. Apparently they're becoming a pretty big thing. Of course it also sounds like a scene from a bad horror movie where the two cheerleaders step into the sketchy looking truck, the doors slam shut, and the next thing they know they're sex slaves in Columbia.

shoresigns

Budget won't allow for custom illustrations

Where did you get the illustration from then? I do believe most stock image licenses prohibit being used in a logo.

As for critique, it's way better than a lot of designs I've seen on here, but it does look like a bunch of mismatched stock images put together. What sticks out the most to me is the word "Boutique" - it doesn't balance with the rest. I would simply get rid of it if the customer could be convinced.

Also, Museo is too ubiquitous, trendy and has too bold of a personality to be used in a logo. It will look dated in no time.

Pat Whatley

It's not technically a logo....it's a design with her name in it that I'm using on the side of a truck. And it is a bunch of stock images modified, twisted, cut and spliced together, weights adjusted, points deleted....then just stuck together. the styles weren't supposed to match, just not clash, that was kind of the point LOL

Comments about museo noted.

Jillbeans

Put the grasshopper, t!ts and all, under that ribbon.
The shape of the ribbon at the bottom doesn't "go with" anything.
You could also flip the shape of the ribbon to kind of visually finish off the bottom of the shape.
Love....Jill