• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Vinyl Shrinking

Bigdawg

Just Me
I beg to differ. 3651 is an intermediate and lasts really well outdoors as long as there are no complex curves. We used it on my trailer 5 years ago and just removed it this past summer. Clean removal and not a crack or failure in it anywhere.

I agree. 3651/210 stands up really well outdoors on flat surfaces and substrates.

customcreations

All the calendared seems to shrink to me. The only Oracal I have used that is holding up is the 3165RA. The 3641 and MacTac that is the same shrinks like mad. I have decals on my wife's car that heve shrunk 1/4" all the way around in 6 months. I use 210 lam on everything Oracal. I had some major failues with MacTac and will never go back to them. The reps were rude when I called them out on massive shrinkage at an SGIA show. I too have learned from my past mistakes with crappy vinyls.--Phillip

Fitch

"Sorry I used to be part of one of "those" shops but I'm working on it."

At least you admit it. In many many moons time you will be considered a dinosaur but you will be able to freely state "ask how I know" to all the newcomers.

It's called experience.

Cheers - G

gabagoo

The adhesive is not grey, more the dirt sticking to the exposed glue from shrinkage.
I try to use cast on all vehicles but some people insist i use calendered as the vehicles only need 3 year durability.
I warn them that even 3 years can, in some cases be disasterous, but they just need to believe they are saving.

J

john1

I used 3651 with 210 then found it to be hard weeding out when the print dryer would "heal" the contour cutlines together making weeding impossible. I now use concept 203 which is a 5 year vinyl with clear ahesive and i have no issues. Both the 203 and 3651 will shrink to have a 1/16" or so around the graphic but nothing major. I also use 210 on the concept 203 from Fellers and it works great.

I do contour cut decals, vehicle lettering and yard signs mainly so it's perfect for my use.

mobilwraps

Just a question how long do you wait before you laminate the print ? i have ran into this problem and found it was due to laminating to early trapping the gas and it pulled back.

i don't know if this may be the issue but something to check.

Cheers

J

john1

Everyone has their own waiting time before laminating. I personally have found waiting a few hours for the print to dry some, then laminating then waiting overnight to contour cut.

Only time i have gotten outgas problems under the laminate is when i laminated right after the print was printed but like i said, everyone has their own process that works.