• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ-500 Contouring Issues -- Anyone Perform "Aging" Procedure ???

lodcomm

Hello Folks,

I am having problems with my sj/cj500 Contouring properly around printed output. I have done both feed/scan cut adjustments (in the service menu with the two small boxes it prints & contours), and also in the user menu cut adjustment where it prints out the target graph, and cuts a line on the X & Y axis - both are adjusted dead on. I proceed to send a print/cut job to the printer and the contour cut is inevitably offset, it appears to be randomly losing its position?

I spoke to Dave over at SolventPrinterConversions and he suggested doing an Aging calibration on the motor. I am looking at the procedure in the service manual, and am having a bit trouble understanding it, specifically following along starting on page 100. The procedure (step 5) states to select <AGING>, <CUTTING>, <ENTER> then adjust VR4 on the main board until the F: LCD Display is less than 10. (Step 6) says next to adjust VR10 on the main board until the value of F: is 500~510. I can see no-where where I am to select a different menu option on the LCD? does the "F:" value displayed in step 5 simply automatically know to display the value of each individual VR as you are adjusting it? Like how does the display (F:xxx) know to display the output of the different VR's I am to tweak throughout the whole process without me scrolling through some kind of AGING,CUTTING SubMenu?

is there anyone out there who done one of these aging procedures that could explain the procedure a bit more clearly for me?

Thanks!

-todd