• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ 500 Or SC 500 powering off

sfr table hockey

In the manual it says to leave the main power switch on and to power down with the front pannel power button. I know on the newer units this is so that the auto head cleaning can take place while the unit sleeps. But on the CJ 500 there is no auto clean settings to do this. You need to make it do a cleaning or when it has had the power switch in back turned off, and when you power up again, it will do a quick clean then.

So what would be the harm to power the unit down fully each night? Is there a need to have power still running? I can see during the day it makes no sense to do a full power off untill the day is done.

Also you are to remove the cutting tool and blade after you are done cutting. Again what is the reason for this or is it more for safety?

Thanks for any input.

slimlin

Hi

If you ask me : nothing happens

I have done it all the time the last 3 years with both my cj and sc 500, so save the money and the enviroment, i have left my printers switched of with eco-sol max inks for up to 10 days in a row, without any problems.