• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ-500 print issue..

anozira02

My CJ-500 stops printing the color magenta during printing proses. I installed a new damper, capping station, it seems the print head still have some life left in it by not showing too much issue in the print test...See attached pictures it was printed just on poster paper an 360 res...at a higher res. it runs out of red even quicker. Thanks for your help..

Attachments

• DCP02471.jpg
    DCP02471.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DCP02469.jpg
    DCP02469.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 69

otctech

We've had a similar issue with one of our xj-540 for months now. Ours starts banding after a while on the magenta head like its an ink starvation issue. I've replaced the head, head board, dampers, and all cables associated with that head. I've also cleaned the ink lines, I even took the needle that goes into the ink cartridge off and cleaned it with an ultrasonic cleaner. The list goes on and on and none of it has worked so far.

If you figure anything out please share and I will do the same.

What type of ink do you use? We use Inktec and I know that we seem to have more problems with magenta heads than anything else.

sfr table hockey

Do a fill test print from the service menu. This is the one that prints an inch of solid fill the length you have media set up. Most times about 24 to 30 inches wide is enough to discharge the ink from the heads and then do a reg test print to see what heads are missing or to find out which heads are not recharging. Its hard to tell in a print which heads are not recharging due to how much of each color you need for that print.

You may find that more than one are not recharging.

See my home page for some of the things I have found to cause drop out and not recharge a head.

J Hill Designs

jhill,
I installed new dampers again, also flushed the printhead. It prints just fine the test print..

The test print may be fine, but if there is slight damage to an o-ring, air will begin being introduced after a bit of printing...hence a drop-out even with a solid nozzle/test...

I would do 10" blocks of solid color CMYK's to see if one specifically drops out after some ink usage...and then check that ink train for issues